Looking for a few creative gift ideas to inspire your F.i.T. (Foodie in Training)? Then check out our roundup. These items are sure to help cultivate your kids’ culinary curiosity!
1. Mix-n-Match Stack Lunch Deck Created by two busy moms, these colorful, oversized cards help kids have fun while packing healthy lunches. Each of the 62 cards has a bright picture, healthy food option, and funny joke. ENTER OUR CONTEST TO WIN A PACK!
2. Kids in the Kitchen: Fun Food Williams Sonoma’s Kids in the Kitchen cookbook features 25 recipes that let your kids wear the chef hat. Recipes range from the mac ‘n cheese to sesame fish sticks, guacamole to hummus, lasagna to pad thai. Also check out Kids Fun & Healthy Cookbook, by Nicola Graimes, which features fun recipes as well as nutrition information that kids will gobble up.
3. Curious Chef 8-Piece Fruit & Vegetable Set Curious Chef creates kitchen tools that are perfect for little hands. Their Fruit & Veggie Set includes a cutting board, melon baller, apple corer, signature nylon knife, and more. Check out the Curious Chef website for other products and sets, like their Pizza Party Set.
4. Urban Cheesecraft: Deluxe DIY Cheese Kit These kits include all the necessary ingredients to make fresh cheese at home. And what kid (or adult) doesn’t love cheese?! With the Deluxe Kit you have the option of making goat cheese, mozzarella, paneer, and others. Urban Cheesecraft kits are also available at Whole Foods Markets.
5. Back to the Roots Oyster Mushroom Kit It’s as simple as “open, spray, harvest.” Back to the Roots mushroom kits let you grow up to 1.5 pounds of gourmet oyster mushrooms in soil made of 100% recycled coffee grounds. Sustainable and delicious! And your kids will get a kick out of watching the mushrooms bud. Back to the Roots Kits are also available at Whole Foods Markets. Also check out Mushroom Adventures Portabella/Crimini Mushroom Kit.
6. Envirosax Sesame Street Reusable Shopping Bags Because what blossoming gourmand doesn’t need reusable bags for all their grocery shopping needs?!